OpenBlade is a bit large Operating System based on Redhat 9 that provide IP Storage services (CIFS, FTP, NFS, SSH, SCP, RSYNC, AFP), IPTV services (RTSP, RTP, RTCP, H.264) and Switch&Router features (IGMP, RTSP, VLAN, DHCP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, Telnet, FTP/TFTP,
Syslog, CLI )
The configuration is done from a Web GUI.
This release is based on Redhat 9.
1 What does the appliance do:
Share your space using lot's of network file protocol, Redhat support :
2 How was the appliance built:
- Filesystem: UFS, FAT32, EXT2/EXT3, NTFS (limited read-only)
- Protocol: CIFS (samba) , FTP, NFS, SSH, RSYNC and AFP
- Hard drive: ATA/SATA, SCSI, USB and Firewire
- GPT/EFI partitionning for hard drive bigger than 2TB
- Networks cards: All supported by Fedora 11 (including wireless card!)
- Boot from USB key
- Hardware RAID cards: All supported by Fedora 11
- Software RAID 0, 1 and 5
- Management of the groups and the users (Local User authentication and Microsoft Domain)
Redhat provide the minimum tools included and all the system init script use PHP as 'scripts languages'.
All the configuration is done from the Web GUI.
3 More information (user manual, forum support) can be found on the web site: http://www.fedoraproject.org
This VMWare Appliance is configured:
- with a LAN interface in briding mode
- with the IP address: Configure DHCP client
- With two virtual hard drive:
One shared for the system and the data
One for the data